Tuesday 11 August 2020

Maths

 Hello, this week i'm writing about math and how I had a wow moment in my math workshop. Yesterday I helped my teacher. I helped Alice, Rio and Charlotte A. In my group we've been focusing in on algorithms. I think that we're all sussed with our addition algorithms but I think that i'm good at subtraction algorithms too.  Koka Terri said that its way easier to use algorithms to figure out a question and I think that it is too.

I found myself in the learning pit when my group started figuring out questions with zeros. So I asked koka Terri how to figure out the question and after she explained it to me that was when I had my wow moment. I felt like it all made sense now but it took time and when I got a piece of paper with some questions. When I checked my questions with addition (which koka Terri taught me how to do) I GOT THEM ALL CORRECT!!!!!!  

So now i'll talk about how she taught me to check my work. I thought that it was going to be very complicated but it actually isn't. All you have to do is you see if you answer whatever you are taking away or adding together and if they equal the same as the top column. So I hope you liked my blog this week and please write a comment or some feedback.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about