Thursday 23 September 2021

L3 Math

Kia ora, this week my math group and I have been learning a new goal. Our goal is called, Solve a fraction of a whole number question, like 5/8th of 24. At first I found it extraordinary hard, but wanted to figure it out. Our teacher likes to hear how WE figured it out, and if we disagree or agree. She also likes to hear why and how we solved a question. One of my classmates used division, and I used timetables. Any way I thought I might make a video on how I would solve a question.


So my question is 4/8 of 50.

When I looked at the number, I immediately new that 1/2 of 8 is 4 . 

So that means that 1/2 of 50 is 25.

Which means that 4/8ths of 50 is 50 

Please tell me how you would have done it and if I got it correct or wrong.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about