Monday 9 August 2021

Surprise!

Surprise! 


Kia ora, this week I REALLY wanted to try to write a really well thought out recount. Last week my teacher showed my hole class Quick writes that were done to a really high standard. They were neat and interesting to listen to, and it made me think, am I doing the BEST, ''I can do,'' or am I just getting it done? So I pushed myself to try follow the success criteria as much as possible. I hope that you enjoy, and if you have any feedback I would love to hear it.

Out of nowhere, we all jumped out and screamed surprise! You might have been thinking that me and my friends, had thrown a surprise birthday , or a welcome home party? Well if you did, you guessed wrong. It was a going away party. For my friend Mia. Mia had no idea that all  of her friends were there. She thought she was just coming for a play. Really we were all saying goodbye...

I wanted to wish Mia on her way, but how would I invite everyone to my house without Mia noticing ? My friend and I thought up a canning plan. Ella said,''why don't you try and distract her, while I give out the invites? '' Getting the finer details right would be crucial! For instance, the cake! Thinking of Mia, I thought that we could make a beach themed cake,-JANDALS, I said to my mum! We looked up a recipe, and followed it.  The last thing we needed to do was sort out  the snacks. What we wanted for snacks was, Chips, Chocolate, Drinks, Ice blocks and last but definitely not least (in my mums eyes, ...Fruit!) When the next day arrived , mum and I got all the food ready for the party; it was time...

All of us hid behind a couch or a chair, and nervously waited for Mia to arrive. Some one could hear them coming  and said ,  ''Ready ? Be  quite. Can you hear them?  1, 2, 3 I whispered... SURPRISE!!! Everyone was so happy, and Mia was also excited and grateful for all of the warming smiles and hugs. Over all I remember being so happy to send Mia away knowing that we all really care about her!



3 comments:

  1. Greetings Te Atawhai,
    Just so you know I read your blog post and it is soooooo great.
    I don't know if I know mia but I think you and your friends threw a great leaving party.There's one mistake though,You wrote canning plan not cunning plan.See,one mistake to fix.Did you put a lot of thought into the party? Silly me, of course you did. Your such a kind caring friend.
    Aloha:Bridie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Te Atawhai,thats a really well thought through blog. I remember Mia's surprise leaving party. Was that a recount on when Mia actually left? I love how you involved lots of details, ones that I don't doubt are true. I think next time you could try explaining what it was like when we were all there, partying. Over all I think your Blog/Quick-write is really good.

    From Charlotte A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Te Atawhai,
    Its me Keylaine I like your punctuation.This reminds me of when you did the tree art with the writing.It is good quality and is nicely done.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about