Wednesday 10 March 2021

Going to Cooks Cove

Mum dad I'm going to be late for the cooks cove walk! Please please can I get a lift in the car i'm going to be late. No my mum said, bike. When I got to school I could feel and HEAR my heart betting. THUMP Thump thump... But guess what my clock was an hour early and I was half an hour early for the walk. I was so mad at myself. The bell finally went for as to go.  We were going to go on the walk so we could practise for year six 6.  Then jumped in the car and drove to Tolaga Bay. And yes this was on Thursday of the earthquake.

When we got there I felt a little car sick but once we started walking and smelling the natcher I was good to go.  The first hill we climbed was very steep and I was getting extremely hot.  Luckily Koka Ngaire said that we  could stop to look at the beacon of light. I was happy to be doing this walk . When we got to the bottom of the hill we ate and started to go back up. Then Finns mum saw morepork. I'll put a photo of it at the end. 

So over all I really enjoyed the walk and it was great practise for  year 6 camp next week, yay. I recommended the walk  but definitely try to do it on a cloudy day so you don't get heat stroke. My walking  group was Rori and Hunter, Stefan was our Adult and he was funny and we all just talked and walked.  The walk was a good exercise I got to see the Hole in a wall and Cooks Cove our destination.  








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments.
Positive - something done well
Thoughtful - a sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - give some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about